35 Years of Award-Winning Leadership In Our Schools
• Principal of a National Model Professional Learning Community School
• Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School received four School of Excellence, Virginia Title I School of Distinction, Closing the Gap and Governor’s School Board Awards
• Named Prince William County and The Washington Post Principal and Supervisor of the Year; Kathleen Seefeldt Community Service, WETA –TV Channel 50 Unsung Hero, National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Human Rights Commission and National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Awards Recipient
• Performed exemplary work with elementary, middle, high, special education, gifted and English as second language students
• Author, two anthologies & several articles; featured in four national educators videos
• Initiated the collaborative Kindergarten to College Project with Virginia Tech; and, the Martin Luther King Jr. Youth Oratorical Contest in collaboration with the Prince William County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
“Every child can learn, and has the right to learn at high levels. And, if we believe that all children can learn, we also have to believe all teachers can teach. Leaders are not born...they are developed."